Friday, September 07, 2007

a visual catch up




a few things
have happened this summer.
None of them were actually
work .... not even work related, i suppose.
I'm trying not to dwell on beating myself
up for the Not work issues.

but i do have some new socks completed.
Yes, they're for me.

the brown pair is knit with "lorna's Laces" and the
skein that's showing still in it's bag is Opal's cotton
blend. A lovely cotton/wool blend that still has enough
bounce. I don't like knitting with 100% cotton. And i'm
not a fan of 100% cotton Socks, either.
Below you can see a little swatch
i made with some Wonderful silk yarn. it's 100% silk,
and Helen C has some of this yarn too!
i have made a little hat - perfect for autumn & spring.
I've yet to start a scarf with the silk that's left over. I know
it will feel wonderful to wear and the colours of mauve
and lilac are rich and so luscious.





This is quite an event:
i actually read a book . A whole book. A book
without any pictures, diagrams, illustrations or photos.
I used to be an avid reader until 15 years ago. I stopped because
the time i spent reading, i wasn't "doing" anything else.
No art, no designing .... nothing of my Own.
I'm sure you understand. it's hard to describe.
This book was
so well written, and if you
decide to pick up a novel, i highly recommend this one.



No comments: