Wednesday, May 31, 2006

beginnings

the envelope was opened and read! I cant believe that we live in such different places.........you in the city and me in ...........well in the midst of the forest! Thats it! Forest forest and yet more forest.

You are surrounded by inspiration, excitement, city life and a buzz....................I am surrounded by ......................nothing.

Nothing except nature.

You began with hands - the colour green - and a truly amazing enquiring wondering of what people leave behind after graffiti.

What a beginning - wow!

My brain has been buzzing all day - brainstorming

green - green fingers .-green gloves- green prints - prints on surfaces - obscured writing - plants and the blossoming - blossoming???? Of plants , ideas, a partnership?

Tracings - outlines - ideas - outlines on textures - distances..................

distances between city life and the forest - hands stretched out to connect , to join together - a combining of cultures................................

backgrounds - an afterthought - destruction as in graffiti - a cry for help? Is graffiti a cry for help - a message left by someone for another person to read?

is our collaboration a message to each other - are you trying to understand me and me you?

Interesting beginnings ......................................................... thank you.

Sara

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that my first envelope has reached you.
I felt that it was important for you to have a sense of where i am, and what i am surrounded by.

Enjoy the Beginning.

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

I look forward to seeing where these initial thoughts and beginnings take your imagination.
I am always fascinated by grafitti, whether it be modern or from past times e.g. primitive man.Its the essence of communicating visually that is exciting.

Maggie H.